(1) Personal information, sometimes referred to as “personally identifiable information,” is information which identifies, or could be used to identify you. Such information includes your address, telephone number and email address. This information will be collected when you submit a story so that we may contact you.
(2) If we elect to publish your story, your name, city and state will be included with your story unless you request we publish your story anonymously, and we agree to do so. No other personal information which you provide (e.g., your address, telephone number or email address) will be knowingly disclosed to any third party except as described below.
(3) storiesfromacottage.com is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from those individuals we know are under the age of 13. Visitors to the website who are under the age of 13 should not disclose or provide any personal information about themselves – e.g., do not tell us your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we discover any personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it. If we decide to later collect personal information from children under the age of 13, we will do so in compliance with applicable privacy laws, including COPPA.
(7) Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
(8) Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ads Settings.