(1) You agree not to submit any material which is defamatory, or which infringes any applicable copyright, or which violates any state or federal law, and further agree to protect, defend, save and hold harmless storiesfromacottage.com and Sharen H. McArthur from any claim or lawsuit arising out of the publication of materials submitted by you to storiesfromacottage.com.
(3) By submitting material to storiesfromacottage.com, you transfer without compensation any and all rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights, which you have in such materials to storiesfromacottage.com and Sharen H. McArthur, their successors and assigns, and further understand that materials may, without compensation to you or further permission from you, be published in book form or other format.
(4) storiesfromacottage.com is not required to publish materials which are submitted and reserves the right to reject submissions based on length, content, or any other criteria which storiesfromacottage.com and Sharen H. McArthur, in their sole discretion, deem appropriate.
(5) Once materials are published on storiesfromacottage.com, they will not be removed or deleted based solely on your request. If, as part of a request that such material be removed or deleted, you provide a reason which storiesfromacottage.com and Sharen H. McArthur, in their sole discretion, consider a good and valid reason, your story will be removed and deleted from storiesfromacottage.com.
(6) You must be at least 13 years of age to submit a story for publication on storiesfromacottage.com. Any visitors under the age of 13 should not disclose or provide personally identifiable information. If storiesfromacottage.com elects to begin collecting personally identifiable information, we will do so in compliance with applicable privacy laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
(7) storiesfromacottage.com and Sharen H. McArthur may edit or otherwise modify your true story submission before publication for content, grammar, punctuation or other reason which, in the sole opinion of storiesfromacottage.com or Sharen H. McArthur, are necessary before your story may be published.